Superintendent's Office - Superintendent of Schools
Kurt’s career in education has spanned 30 years, 26 of which have involved various forms of educational leadership. His wide-reaching experience has taken him from a beginning role as an Educational Assistant with special needs students, through to traditional classroom teacher, school-based administrator and into the role of Superintendent of Schools and Chief Executive Officer for Chinook’s Edge School Division. One priority has remained constant throughout his career: students come first!
Kurt holds a Bachelor of Education degree (Mathematics major) and a Master of Education (Graduate Division of Educational Research) from the University of Calgary. He has established an outstanding reputation in Alberta through the division-wide implementation of innovative programs in leadership and teacher mentorship.
Roles as Superintendent:
- Supporting the Board of Education in its governance function and ensuring Board policy is implemented effectively
- Managing the structures, processes and strategies to achieve the Vision, Mission and Values of the division
- Directing and evaluating the division’s administrative procedures to ensure sound educational and corporate practices are achieved.
- Parents Matter Question Box
- Kurt and his wife, Jody, have two children, Jessica and Julian. They enjoy cycling, camping, boating, and travelling. Their daughter is pursuing her Doctorate in Microbiology in Athens, Georgia via the U of A and their son is in Medical School at the U of C in Calgary, AB. They are very proud parents!