- Agendas, Highlights & Minutes
- Board Committees
- Contact Your Trustee
- Policies & Procedures
- Parents Matter Committee
- Plans & Reports
- CONTACT US
- Central Office Leadership Team
- Staff Directory
- Media Releases
- Celebrating Chinook's Edge
- CESD Strategic Goals - Video
- Plans & Reports
- Chinook's Edge Advantage
- Contact Communications
- Chinook’s Edge is one of the largest school divisions in the province, serving 11,000 students in 43 schools across Central Alberta.
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will engage every student in meaningful learning by challenging, encouraging and believing in them.
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will be universally recognized as a collaborative learning community where learning is personalized for all students to achieve success as compassionate and innovative global citizens.
- QUALITY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT (QLE)
- École Deer Meadow School
- École Olds Elementary School
- Horizon School
- Off Campus Learning Centre
- Olds Career High School
- Olds High School
- Olds Koinonia Christian School
- Reed Ranch School
- Jessie Duncan School
- Penhold Crossing Secondary
- Penhold Elementary School
- RED DEER COUNTY
- Gasoline Alley Career High
- Pine Hill Hutterite School
- Poplar Ridge School
- 2017-2018 Exam Calendar
- AB Government Letter - Bill 1
- Alberta Education Website
- CESD Inclement Weather
- Fentanyl Information
- Kids Plus Accident Insurance
- Out of Area Request
- QuickPay - Online Fee Payment
- Safety Response Summary
- School Fees
- Technology Use Agreement
- CESD73 Careers (Twitter)
- Employment Opportunities
- EMPLOYEE SERVICES
- Contact People Services
- Employee Information Form
- Employee Self Services
- Homewood Health
- ID Card Requests
- Interview Information
- People Services Forms
- Record of Employment
- Staff Links
- Teacher Leave Day Request
- Teacher Supervision & Evaluation
- LEARNING SERVICES
- Contact Learning Services
- Career Connections
- CESD Athletic Association
- Essential Outcomes
- Educational Technology
- French Immersion
- High School Redesign
- Indigenous Education
- Instructional Media Centre (IMC)
- Learning Support Teams (LSTs)
- Literacy/Reading Framework
- Locally Developed Courses
- Provincial Exams
- Quality Learning Environment
What does it cost?
$4,000 for 1 semester or $8,000 for a full school year (2 semesters) Fees = CDN
You can click HERE for a Currency Exchange Rates Calculator.
Please note textbooks, school supplies and bus passes are not included. Please plan on spending approximately an additional $200 per year for these materials. Textbooks may be re-sold at the end of the semester.
How to do I pay my tuition?
You can transfer to our bank directly. Please contact a local bank in your country and provide them with the banking information that we can provide to you upon request. They will deposit the money for you in our bank account, in trust. Services and transfer fees will apply.
Does Chinook's Edge provide homestay?
No, not at this time.
What student medical insurance do I need in place?
The following company can provide comprehensive health insurance for any International Student wanting to apply.
Which schools offer opportunities for International Students?
Most of our high schools will accept International Students. For a complete list of our schools, please visit Our Schools or contact email@example.com.
What programs does Chinook's Edge offer?
Please visit Chinook's Edge Programs.
Are the educational programs exactly the same in all of our schools across Chinook's Edge School Division?
90% the same but slight differences in some option classes.
What is the weather like in Alberta?
Warmest month: July - has an average high of 23°C and an average low of 9°C
Coldest month: January - has an average high of -7°C and an average low of -18°C
Average annual rainfall: 357 mm
Average annual snowfall: 125 cm
Average wind-speed: 14 km/hour
Average number of frost-free days: 106
Annual hours of sunshine: 2133
Please visit The Weather Network for our current weather conditions.
How should I bring money to Canada?
You can bring money in several formats:
1. Travelers' Cheques
2. Bank transfer to your newly opened bank account in Canada
3. Use a bank card
4. Visa travel money. See the link below for details on this new product.